Effective as of [April 1, 2023]
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information about you that you provide
- Contact and Reservation Information. We collect basic information from Service visitors who wish to obtain information or support or who wish to submit an application to reserve a room at Studios Inn. Contact information is provided via browser forms, online order forms, email, and during events via submission of business cards or physical forms and includes first name, last name, email address, and phone number. We also collect certain personal information when you submit request to reserve a room, including dates of stay, credit card number, and billing address.
- Aggregate Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand our clients and visitors, and how they interact with our Service, we may collect and analyze your information regarding your use of the Service in aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Service. This aggregate data does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to other third parties for additional lawful purposes.
B. Information collected automatically
Studios Inn and its Processors may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Website (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, Studios Inn does not consider Usage Information to be Personal information. The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, fingerprinting, device recognition technologies, in-app tracking methods, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Service or e-mails. Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third-Party Services (defined below) may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services and used by Studios Inn and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third-Party Services. We do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals.
II. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
Studios Inn may use information collected about you from the Service(s) for purposes of operating our business and the Services, including without limitation:
- To facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience.
- To transact with you, provide services or information you request, respond to your comments, questions, and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices.
- To improve the Service.
- To tailor our content, advertisements, and offers.
- To fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the Personal information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so.
- To prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats of harm.
- To provide you information regarding services offered by Studios Inn affiliates or Service Providers.
- Other business purposes not inconsistent with statements made in this Policy or in another notice provided to you at the time of collection, or otherwise prohibited by applicable law.
III. HOW AND WHY WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Disclosures to Third Parties. Like many businesses, we hire other companies to perform certain business-related services. We may disclose Personal information to certain types of third-party companies but only to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services. The types of companies that may receive Personal information and their functions are: Studios Inn affiliates, direct marketing assistance, data storage, hosting services, credit card processors, and disaster recovery services.
Disclosures to Affiliates. We may also disclose Personal information to our affiliates in order to support the marketing, sale, and delivery of our services. Personal information may be disclosed between affiliate, subsidiary, and parent organizations of Studios Inn. Business
Disclosures. Studios Inn may share your Personal information, in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Studios Inn’s assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Studios Inn’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
Disclosures to Public Authorities. We may share your Personal information to comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and, where permitted, in response to a government request. We may also disclose Personal information to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas.
In addition to the disclosures listed above, we may disclose your Personal Information for other business purposes not inconsistent with statements made in this Policy or in another notice provided to you at the time of collection, or otherwise prohibited by applicable law.
IV. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, SERVICES, ANALYTICS, AND SOCIAL FEATURES
The Service may include hyperlinks to websites, platforms, applications, or services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: “liking” or “sharing” Studios Inn’s content. If you post information on a Third-Party service that references Studios Inn (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Studios Inn in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Service or otherwise by Studios Inn. Also, both Studios Inn and the ThirdParty may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and other Third-Party Services.
Studios Inn may engage and work with Processors and other Third Parties to serve advertisements on Third-Party Services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interests based on your browsing of the Service and elsewhere on the Internet, which may include use of precise location and/or Cross-device Data, sometimes referred to as “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising” (“Interest-based Advertising”), which may include sending you an ad on a Third-Party service after you have left the Service (i.e., “retargeting”).
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browserbased method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Studios Inn is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
V. YOUR RIGHTS
Opt-Out for Direct Marketing; Email Management. You may opt out at any time from the use of your Personal information for direct marketing purposes, and/or the transfer of your Personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, by emailing email@example.com. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
You may also manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by on the “unsubscribe here” link located on the bottom of any Studios Inn marketing email communications and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your reservations.
VI. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
VII. YOUR SECURITY
California Privacy Rights. We may from time to time elect to share certain “personal information” (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law) about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information, as defined in the statute, to us to, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request by contacting Studios Inn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at: Daiwa Living California Inc. at 348 S. Clover Ave San Jose CA 95128. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
How to Contact Us
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Or write to us at: Daiwa Living California at 348 S. Clover Ave San Jose CA 95128